Thursday, February 5, 2009

Squee!!! - It's My First Blog Award!


Wow! The lovely and talented Anne Carrole has nominated my blog for the Lemonade Award. As in: "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." So now it's my turn to tell you about some of my favorite blogs out there in cyberspace.

Of course, there's Anne's - which is great because it's so educational. I'm learning so much about the rodeo thanks to my friendship with Anne - and discovering that those rodeo riders sure are mighty easy on the eyes. Click here to check out her blog.

Another fave blog is Susanne Saville's Caffeinated Natter - a blog about caffeine, cats, and John Barrowman from the talented author of a very cool story called The Wiccan Kitten.

A fabulous new discovery: The Goat Rodeo. Fascinating reflections from a dynamic woman who writes, raises four kids, performs at Renaissance Festivals and has a great sense of humor.

Leeann Burke is a Canadian author who's written a nifty romantic suspense novel called Deadly Secrets. And like me, she's going to be donating a portion of the proceeds from her book to breast cancer awareness charities - so check out her blog.

A big lemonade award to Marianne Arkins, whose blog introduced me to the insidious joys of blogthing quizzes!

Ann Whitaker is just getting started with her blog addiction, but I expect her obsessive nature to lead her to outstrip everyone on the Internet when she really gets going with her new blog. Ann's also my book twin - her book Dog Nanny releases on the same day as my Thirty-Nine Again.

LL Bartlett may be dazed and confused, but she writes great mysteries with a paranormal twist and her blog makes interesting reading about a writer's life.

And a batch of very cool historical blogs. I'm a history buff, so I love checking out the intriguing tidbits of history these ladies unearth.

At History Undressed, Eliza Knight blogs about costumes and customs from assorted eras in British history - from Regency riding habits to medieval cookery.

If the Regency era is your thing, check out Michele Young/Ann Lethbridge's wonderfully detailed look at that period in history, Regency Ramble.

Last but not least, Jeri Westerson is the author of the "medieval noir" novel Veil of Lies, probably one of my favorite books of 2008. She also pens the fascinating Getting Medieval blog, where you can learn about everything medieval, from the forging of swords to the celebrating of medieval Hannukah.

Thanks to Anne Carrole for nominating me as one of her faves - and for making me think about some of my own faves. Now tell me about blogs you like to read, so I can find new ways to avoid getting any work done!

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Lynn!!! It's a great blog and I'm thrilled to bits for you :)) Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn, Thanks so much for letting me know you enjoy the Regency Ramble. And congratulations on your award. Your blog is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very cute!! Thanks for giving my blog a plug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My pleasure, Lorraine and Michele!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your blog award, Lynn. You deserve it! Good luck with your new book too.

    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Lynn, on your award! :) My favorite blogs to read are:

    Whatever by John Scalzi which you can read at http://whatever.scalzi.com/
    Ink In My Coffee by Devon Ellington which you can read at http://devonellington.wordpress.com/

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Diane! Good luck with your new one too!

    And thanks, Michele - I'll have to check out your suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's fabulous news Lynn! Congrats!

    I can't wait to get my hands on your book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Leeann. Yours is in my "to be read" pile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I FINALLY posted the award ... and another quiz. *G*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, no. That will be another time waster for me!

    ReplyDelete