Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Lazy Blog Post


Well, already I am getting behind on the whole blogging thing. Silly me, writing, proofing galleys, caring for family and inching down the rural road to my home on an unexpectedly treacherously icy road - have all prevented me from finding time to blog this weekend. Not to worry, though. I decided to take advantage of one of my favorite websites: The Lazy Blogger's Automatic Post Generator. This is a truly demented and absolutely hilarious page at the Aussie Bloggers website that will generate a blog post for those of us too busy or too bored with the whole blogging thing to exert any mental effort on the project. Here's the delightful post those clever Aussies generated for me:
-----------------------------------
Holy Blog Of Doom, Batman! I just climbed out from under my rock and realised I have not updated this blog since "Hammertime" was in the charts. . . You would not believe that I couldn't blog because my hands were chopped off and I was waiting for bionic ones. I prostrate myself in sorrow and beg thy forgiveness.

I am absolutely consumed with an awfully big adventure, a ticking crocodile, and just generally being the life of the party to every Lost Boy that crosses my path. My day is filled with fluorescent light from the second I am woken by murderous Teletubbies to way past dusk. I am so tired of my kid wanting me to give him attention and stuff. Can't he see I am blogging?

I swear on the bones of my ancestors I will make more of an effort to blog more frequently, at least until the nice men in the white coats come back. Honestly! Don't hold your breath though, you're likely to turn blue. . .

-----------------------------------
So there you have it! My automated blog post. To create your own automated post, go here.

Next week, I'll be back with a real post all about the holiday season. OMG! You mean it's really that time again already?! Eek. I wonder if I can find a Lazy Shoppers Website that will automatically pick gifts, wrap and send them for me? Oh, wait. I guess that's Amazon. Off to get head start on the online shopping, folks.

6 comments:

  1. HAHA! That's wonderful! I'm going to save the link and use it for a post of my own next time I get behind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for my laugh for the day. Too funny! But a great idea! I need to use it for my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen that before. Just tried it again and still ended up with a boring blog! I'm pitiful.

    Some people have it, others...

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn,
    You are a hoot. Thanks for visiting my blog. I LOVE your turkey dog!

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by, Jennifer. I guess I should have looked for a Turkey Barbie - she's probably out there!

    ReplyDelete